Set out below are the terms and conditions by which Delta Cars conducts its business with the Client, the Passenger (the person travelling) and the Booker (the person booking journeys). Delta Cars reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions of trading without notice.Delta Cars sets out to provide a safe reliable service to all of its customers.We will always try to be fair and reasonable to our customers and promote goodwill where possible.
Whilst we will exercise all due care and consideration to carry out Client and/or Passenger instruction we will not be liable for any incidence or loss due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
All parcels, packages and goods are taken at customer’s own risk. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure adequate insurance cover is in place for goods in transit.
Delta Cars reserves the right to refuse to carry any persons or objects that the driver deems to be likely to cause him or his vehicle harm or damage in whatsoever form. The judgment of the driver will be final.
Delta Cars may charge for any costs involved.
We will calculate fares based upon mileage incurred, time and out of pocket expenditure.The charge rate will vary according to the type of vehicle/service required for the journey.Most journeys are quoted travelling via the shortest route. If the route varies from this, e.g. by request from the customer to use a motorway route or the driver has to avoid a traffic related problem, Delta Cars reserves the right to charge the Client for any extra mileage and time.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge to:
– Airport and station pick-ups
– Out of area to out of area journeys
– Christmas, New Year and other Bank Holiday journeys
– Additional stops on route
– Periods of extreme weather or road conditions
– Journeys out of standard business hours
– Peak hours
Delta Cars assumes a journey / booking request is still valid until:-
1. A Passenger or someone deemed to be representing the Passenger cancels the journey with a member of staff in the office of Delta Cars and receives confirmation by the member of staff that it is cancelled.
2. Our driver and or supporting staff have satisfied themselves that they are unable to pick the Passenger up for whatever reason.Until then we will take all reasonable care to complete the booking.
3. In the event of a cancellation of a journey Delta Cars may charge for any costs incurred until the time when it is apparent that Delta Cars has been satisfactorily informed of a cancellation of booking or Delta Cars has been unable to contact the Passenger.
4. Usually there would be no charge for a journey cancelled prior to dispatch.
5. Where a journey is cancelled after the driver has been dispatched the Client may be liable for a charge.
6. Where the driver is unable to find a Passenger after making all reasonable efforts the Client may be charged.
7. Where a Client or Passenger gives incorrect information regarding a pick up place or time or other relevant detail that results in a cost to our driver, the Client may be liable for a cancellation charge.
Where a driver has to wait beyond the appointed time to collect a Passenger, whether it be the fault of the Passenger or Client or arises from circumstances beyond their control, the Client will be liable to pay Delta Cars for the waiting time.
A Cancellation Charge is calculated to pay for the time and miles and incidental costs of our driver when he is unable to pick up a passenger.
We will try to carry out a journey in a way the Passenger requests, e.g. route variation unless we have written instructions not to do so by the client.